Thank you for joining the Wharton County Junior College portal, MyWCJC. The goal of the portal is to be a one-stop shop for your educational journey.
Accessible through the MyWCJC portal are:
- 1. Student e-Mail OR Outlook Web Access for employees
- 2. On-line Services for Registration, Financial Aid, Grades, and Time Reporting
- 3. Blackboard for on-line classes
1. Navigate to the MyWCJC portal https://portal.wcjc.edu.
2. The User Login is assigned based on the following formula:
first initial + last name + last 3 numbers of User ID (no spaces)Faculty/Staff:
Example: A student named Jane Smith with a User ID of @04456789 would have an e-Mail sign-on of jsmith789 (assuming there are no duplicates).
Note: Sometimes alternatives must be issued in case of duplicates or last names longer than 16 characters.
Faculty and Staff receive User Login information through the HR department.
3. The initial password is set up with the following formula:
wcjc! (Exclamation point) followed by your 6-digit numeric birth date MMDDYY
Example: the initial or default password for Jane Smith, whose birthday is July 25, 1991 would be: wcjc!072591
Faculty and Staff receive default password information through the HR department.
4. Before you can access the new myWCJC portal you will need to answer and save the 5 password reset security questions. The answers should be at least 5 characters in length. It's important to remember your answers because they will be needed in case you forget your password. The "Update your Password Reset Questions" will automatically come up for first time users only.
5. Complete all "Question" and "Correct Response" fields, then click "Save" at the bottom of the page. Upon completion you should see "Questions updated successfully" appear near the top of the page.
6. Proceed to Step 2 – create a new password in the "New Password" field and enter the exact same password into the "Verify New Password" field to verify it.
Password format and rules:
- 1. Password is at least 8 characters long
- 2. Password to contain 3 of the 4 below character types:
a. UPPER CASE LETTERS
b. Lower case letters
c. Numbers (0-9)
d. Non-alpha numeric symbols (#$%.,!)
- 3. Do not use part of your name or birthdate in your password
- 4. Do not use a password you have used previously
- 5. Do not use "wcjc!" to begin your new password
- 6. Your password will be valid for 120 days
7. After you have created and verified your new password, click "OK". To enter the myWCJC portal, click "Sign Out" and then login with your new password.